Graphic tees can be a fun and interesting addition to your wardrobe. With so many different styles available, they are the perfect way to show off your personality or to make a statement with your look. However, if you don’t style them correctly, they can look a bit sloppy. If you don’t want to look like you just rolled out of bed, try checking out some of these helpful tips on how to wear these shirts so that they look cute and stylish.
1. Add a blazer. One of the quickest ways to dress up a graphic tee is to throw a blazer on over the top of it. This will help give form and structure to your outfit, defining your waistline and giving it a more pulled together look. Depending on how dressy you want your outfit to be, you can either leave your t-shirt untucked under the blazer or you can tuck it in and add a belt to dress it up a little bit more.
2. Tuck your t-shirt into a high-waisted pencil skirt. For a fun and flirty look, try tucking a printed t-shirt into a high-waisted pencil skirt. The skirt adds a bit of femininity to your outfit and accentuates your curves. Additionally, because the shirt is tucked in, you will still have a defined waistline. This helps create a flattering silhouette.
3. Pair it with a maxi-skirt. Graphic tees work really well with maxi skirts. There is, however, one important caveat. Unless your shirt is cropped extremely short, you will need to tuck it into your skirt. Maxi skirts are designed to be loose and flowing. If you also add a loose t-shirt over the top of it, you will completely lose the shape of your body under all of the layers of fabric. By tucking in the shirt, however, you can create a much more flattering silhouette. The combination of the casual t-shirt and the dressy skirt can create an edgy and unique vibe.
4. Throw on a denim jacket. Denim jackets and printed t-shirts were practically made for one another. Look for a fitted jacket that is loose enough to easily move around in but that also flatters your shape. In most cases, you should avoid wearing a denim jacket with jeans in a similar color. Otherwise, it can be a bit too much denim. Instead, try wearing black pants or a black skirt with a graphic t-shirt and a denim jacket.
5. Add long necklaces. Another way to add extra style to a graphic t-shirt is by layering several long necklaces over the top. Again, this can add an extra element of style to your outfit, making it look like you put some thought and effort into what you are wearing.
6. Wear a long-sleeve shirt with a collar underneath. For a unique look, try wearing a long-sleeved dress shirt with a collar underneath your t-shirt. To keep the look casual, roll up the sleeves of the dress shirt to your elbows so that they stick out from the sleeves of the t-shirt but don’t go all the way to your wrists.
Hopefully, this gives you some ideas on how to style graphic tees so that they look fashionable and put together.